Phil Leigh;357670 Wrote:
> OK - so this Kayak album that Clive "made" me buy... is interesting.
Now you've got me feeling guilty. (Watch out, saying I "made" you buy
it might be considered an ad hominem attack and get you banned :-)

Phil Leigh;357670 Wrote:
> A cross between Alan Parsons Project, Jeff Wayne and some whacky 70's
> prog musical - but fun!
Give it some time before coming to any firm conclusions. It's one of
those albums whose real qualities only reveal themselves after several
plays. I now consider it head-and-shoulders above eveything else Kayak
have done. Most of their other stuff is much lighter and poppier.

If you grow to love Nostradamus, the next closest one is probably
"Merlin - Bard of the Unseen". This was an expanded remake of their
earlier album "Merlin" (also not bad). For some weird reason I have a
fondness for another later period album "Night Vision", although I
believe most Kayak fans think it's average.

Someone else suggested "Phantom of the Night", but I'd say that was
fairly mainstream. As a prog-head I think their early albums ("See See
the Sun" and "Kayak") are the most experimental.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A