I wonder if that will really be much of an improvement over my current
speakers. I've never heard a planar speaker and am going simply by
other people's description and the pricing. I need to go to a high end
store and do some listening first before rejecting this idea. I do
listen to all kinds of music but the closest to my heart is Latin Jazz
and 60's & 70's southern soul (Stax Records). Both are driven by a
solid bass line. All on-wall solutions are likely going to need a
subwoofer but it better be a musical one and blend seemlessly without
drawing attention to itself. My Polks have done a reasonable job so
far. This is the kind of stuff I've been looking at
http://www.klein-hummel.com/klein-hummel/icm_en.nsf/root/prof-monitoring_studio-monitors_nearfield-monitors_O300
There are subwoofers to go along with them. A more expensive & louder
line (newer so less reviewed) specifically mentions on-wall use
http://www.klein-hummel.com/klein-hummel/icm_en.nsf/root/prof-monitoring_studio-monitors_midfield-monitors_O410

--
guptaas