results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=55246
Question: Direct to power amp?

- Yes
- No

Pneumonic;361416 Wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion. Attenuator would include passive or even active
> stages.
>
> I have altered the question to reflect this.
In the light of your re-worded question, I should have voted "No", but
had already voted "Yes".

I think the newly-worded question is now of dubious value. The gain
staging required depends on the power amp's input sensitivity and
overall gain, the efficiency of the speakers, and the nature of the
listening room. It seems pretty likely that some sort of gain
adjustment will be required in most setups. So the number of people who
can get away with connecting a TP or SB directly to their power amp
without any attenuation (or boost) will be very small.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A