Phil Leigh;371627 Wrote:
> Until the bitstream hits the internals of a DAC or ASRC there are no
> "temporal characteristics"...just the bits (hopefully the right bits)
> and a clock - which is probably slightly "wrong" (jittery). What
> happens in the DAC is the important part. Bitstream integrity is easily
> proven. How well exactly the DAC handles jitter is more complex...

True, but we are arguing about terms. "Jitter" by its nature has to do
with time and, obviously, we can not discuss it in absence of a
receiver. I simply preferred to avoid this "J" word - there is a
neighboring thread that uses and abuses it plenty.

To sum it up, I'd be surprised if a firmware update could affect ANY
characteristics of SB or DUET S/PDIF out, but I guess only its
designers can rule out this possibility completely.

--
pryamomimo