The passing of DTS or HDCD confirms bit-integrity.

7.3 sounds identical to me.

I noticed that a recent 7.3 nightly zapped my settings - the player
audio settings that might cause the effect described could be a
combination of audio level fixed+analogue attenuation+replaygain
(bitrate limiting defaults to off always IME).

I'm pretty certain that that jitter (which also sounds like what was
described) hasn't increased thanks to the firmware changes... unless
the extra/different work by the CPU code is causing PSU induced jitter
on the spdif output. I think Sean already ruled out this sort of theory
years ago...

Dons Hare suit. Leaves building. Descends into madness.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods)- Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters,
Kimber & Chord cables
Outdoors: Boombox+Creative Sub (If I remember to turn it on...)