Ok, I have two speakers and that's it.

Processor is listened to in stereo mode, using only main fronts L & R
outputs. No balance adjustments applied rhs is louder than lhs by
roughly 4.5db (found by boosting lhs untill vocals are central)

No balance adjustments applied.
I tried using the rear suround outputs from the processor into the
power amp in DD Prologic, it sounded terrible drop outs maybe every
second or beat - is this right?

But, the balance left to right was spot on.

Back to the main front speaker outputs, drop outs as with the rears,
sounded dreadful, and, the right was once again louder than the left.

Leading me to believe something with the front two channels within the
processor is a bit out of balance, well, from what I can work out about
4.5dB out.

Thanks to everyone for helping!!

I found placing a board behind the lhs speaker, roughly giving the same
distance from rear ports as the rhs, seems to bring the lo freq's from
the lower driver pretty much in line with the rhs once the 4.5dB boost
is applied to the lhs channel

Therefore very basic room and speaker adjustment with a bit of a boost
on balance seems to have brought things much more in line with how they
should be

Hope above is clear and your thinking same as me

Just a bit of a worry on the internals of the processor, do you know of
anyone that may beable to fix the balance thing in the processor, or at
least check out what I think is wrong?

Many thanks again

DC

PS will hopefully confirm listening is pretty near normal with some
more music tomorrow

--
Deaf Cat