cybervision_;400052 Wrote:

> - I like to get TV sound through my stereo, but my TV only has RCA
> output (Panasonic TH42PX80). Is it possible to get sound from my TV
> through the Transporter?
Not likely without putting in an A/D converter, which would probably
not be worth the effort.

> - How good is the sound through the Transporter, are we talking
> -highend-, or just good?
The claim of the Transporter is that it will beat any stand-alone DAC
device below the $10,000 price range.  Very "highend".

I find it to be really great.  I've been looking around for better
speakers to get more out of my Transporter, but I want to match it with
a better balanced amplifier setup.  Unfortunately I don't have room for
both a stereo setup and a home theater setup in my apartment right
now.

You might have to go with an integrated amplifier that has some preamp
switching.

--
SuperQ