Sorry, I was not thinking your post was a rant.. it's just the general
feel that I got from a number of posts on the thread you linked, and
the kind of posts I see on the slimdevices audiophile forum.
Generalization on the fact that people who are in the middle don't feel
the need to talk about it.

Yes, there are some Luddites out there that just don't "get it", or
choose to ignore it.  I tried to setup a SB3 for my mom to listen to to
her music, but my dad is an Audio Luddite who "likes to flip through his
CDs".  He unplugs the SB3 and sticks it in a shoe box and unplugs the
low power PC I setup for SqueezeCenter.  Oh well, you just won't be
able to change some people's minds.  I just give up and move on with
things.  Spend my energy helping people who are willing to accept it.

--
SuperQ