jaysung;409586 Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could somebody give me more info on that? I am just now deciding if a
> customer gets an akurate DS from Linn or a transporter from logitech.
> Usability is one of the biggest concerns.
> The idea is that he has the UI on his lcd Sony 40 inch screen.
> Linngui runs on a computer? So that would go on a display?
> What exactly is worse in Linngui than in SC7.
> Most important: What about album art / covers?
> Any chance to navigate by album art on that big screen vfia linngui?
> Iphone-like coverflow would be nice. ;)You are looking at two different
> levels of product both from usability
and sound.  Logitech does a much better job of usability with SC7 and
the Squeezebox Controller.  You have cover art, easier playlist, and
more intuitive controls.  You also have a lot more services and
internet features.  The Linn GUI is clunky and unfriendly.

>From a sound perspective the Akurate is better in almost every way.
You should listen to them yourself, but I found the DS to be a lot more
enjoyable to listen to.  It also cost three times as much as a
Tranporter.  The Sneaky DS would be a better direct comparison from a
price perspective.

The Linn UI can run on a laptop or PDA.  My DS dealer loves the Mac so
he uses a third party UI designed for the DS that is available for the
iphone/itouch.  It's called Songbook and it supports cover flow and a
host of other cool features such as easy playlist manipulation.  You
can look it up in the app store in iTunes.

The Akurate DS does not support digital out, if thats important to you.
The Logitech does.  You would need to move down in the DS line if you
want that feature.

I like both for different reasons.  If the UI is very important to you
at the moment, then Logitech is the way to go.  if you don't mind
integrating third party products and spending more money, then the Linn
will be a more musical experience.

--
WhatsNext