Patrick Dixon;412349 Wrote:
> Phil, you have super tweeters and you don't think transports can make
> any difference?
>
> ;-)

Yes and Yes.

I can hear the (effects of the) supertweeters. They make the bass sound
better to me (I don't understand why). They kick in quite low (17k I
think). I can DBT them on/off all day long on a fairly wide variety of
material.

I didn't say that transports CAN'T make any difference... just that
they don't introduce analogue-style effects. As far as I am concerned
- assuming they are bit-perfect - they either jitter a lot or not - and
your DAC either handles that jitter elegantly/adequately/poorly. They
don't make the type of tonal or colour differences one gets by changing
vinyl cartridges or speakers or even DAC's...

:)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom