egd;425560 Wrote:
> It's 4:16am here so perhaps my brain is a little foggy, but hooking an
> external DAC up to your Receiver will bypass the Duet's DAC, so where's
> the problem...what you're hearing is the external DAC?

Where in the world are you…literally?  And, what are you doing up man;
according to USA Today, less than 5 hours of Z-time over time will put
an end to you!?

Anyway, I didn’t make it too clear.  What I mean is, I like the sound
from my external DAC better than I do the sound from a stock Transporter
and since I already have said external DAC and the Duet, why not tweak
the Duet for better performance rather than buy a Transformer.  That is
to say, as long as the cost of upgrading the Duet doesn’t make
purchasing a Transformer the prudent alternative.  The poster whom I was
responding to seemed to indicate my solution lie in purchasing a
Transformer rather than investing up to, or close to $1,000 (the last
time I looked, a Transporter was around $2,000).

--
timequest