jono338;425922 Wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> do you mean to set the attenuator and re-try the *unbalanced* output?
> That doesn't quite make sense as the sound with the unbalanced cables
> was not overly loud, just really bad.  Anyway, I'll try and find a hex
> key and give it a go tomorrow and report back.
>
> Obviously I'd prefer to stay with the balanced though ... I'm assuming
> the attenuator thing won't affect the balanced output.
>
> Jon.

yes - exactly what I said - the attenuators only affect the unbalanced
output

If the input is overloading (clipping) then it will distort but won't
go much louder.

Something is not right here.
Try a Xilinx reset.

The sound should not be really bad!

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom