mccauls;426776 Wrote:
> I'm adding a DacMagic to my Duet system (pros/cons debated elsewhere)
> for my main stereo system which is downstairs.  Music server pc is
> upstairs.  Currently the SB receiver is downstairs connected via wifi
> using analog out to my amp.  Is it better to have 1) wifi to downstairs
> receiver, 1.5m digital coax to dac, dac analog out to amp, 2) cabled
> ethernet to downstairs receiver, 1.5m digital coax to dac, dac analog
> out to amp, or 3) cabled ethernet to receiver upstairs, long run of
> digital coax downstairs to dac, dac analog out to amp.  I guess the real
> question - is cabled ethernet any better than wifi (wifi connection is
> very good), and if so, should the long cable run be ethernet or digital
> coax?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Chris

The connection between the PC and the SB3 doesn't matter.  You can use
wifi or wired ethernet.  Wired ethernet is preferred only if you have
interference issues with other wifi networks or other RF sources and it
causes sound dropouts (like a CD skipping).

Personally I would put the SB3 near the stereo downstairs and use a
1.5M cable.

--
SuperQ