lxgreen;430726 Wrote:
> I was looking to improve on my Duet Dac combo. I connect the Duet to a
> newly modded Music Hall 25.2 DAC with very nice results.  I see lots of
> discussion about transporter vs SB with external DAC.  But what kind of
> improvement can i anticipate if i get a transporter and connect this to
> either the Music Hall DAC or a more expensive (presumably better) DAC.

I am using the transporter with the AES/EBU digital out to a Lyngdorf
DPA-1, and I can say that the improvement was immediately audible,
specially in the resolution, presence and transparency of the mid-high
and high frequencies. I always felt that the transporter DAC was a bit
boring and veiled in those freqs, like it lacked air around it.

Transporter dac is very good, better than most in its price range but
its not SOTA, of course you can do better, for the same money or a bit
more. Since this is a slimdevices biased forum, most will tell you that
you need to spend 10k+ to do better....

I have at the moment a 25.2 DAC on lend and already changed the tube to
a e188cc nos, however Im still not totally impressed, I will be using it
in my office rig where I currently have a becnchmark dac1. My favorite
dealer always gets me to try new stuff, so I did, but I think Im staying
with the benchmark. Can I ask you what types of mods did you get in you
25.2?

--
GuyDebord

'*LAST.FM*' (http://www.last.fm/user/bloodyrosa)
- SPEAKERS: Kharma CRM 3.2FE -> v/d Hul Inspiration
- PRE: Lyngdorf DPA-1 -> Kharma Grand Reference XLR's -> AMP: Halcro
  MC20
- ANALOGUE: Clearaudio Ambient CMB, Satisfy Carbon & Lyra Helikon SL,
  ASR Basis Exclusive phono pre -> Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II
  XLR’s
- DIGITAL: Slim Devices Transporter -> Siltech Golden Ridge AES/EBU
- AC: PS Audio Power Plant Premier, PS Audio Statement(PPP), ASR
  Magic Cord(ASR), Siltech SPX30 MKII's for the Lyngdorf, Halcro &
  Transporter