Thanks,  so it sounds like one vote for no difference between a SB and a
transporter used with an external DAC and one vote for it does make a
difference. My DAC mods are from Affordable Audio in Venice CA.  this is
what he says about the mod.  Solen capacitors for coupling, Caddock
resistors for critical audio locations and upgraded opamps in the signal
path. All at an Affordable price. Our diode board replaces the
monolithic diode boards in the stock DAC for an even more refined sound.
The tube is replaced as well but i do not recall what he used. Maybe i
need to order a transporter with the 30 return policy and try it out
myself. Its interesting to see different opinions.  maybe it has to do
with the equipment the transporter is connected to.

--
lxgreen

lector zoe preamp
cary 120s amp