Hi guys. I used my SB3 for quite some time and then wondered what it
might be like with an external DAC. Didnt have much $$ so I purchased a
used Musical Fidelity X-DAC and later a mint MSB Daclink III. I found
the MSB to be better and I've
been happy with it so far but I wonder now if there is much more to be
gained by going with a newer DAC in terms of resolution.

Rest of my system is a Threshold SA3 amp and a Soundcraftsmen
Pro-Control 3 preamp and Usher S520 bookshelfs. I know the
Soundcraftsmen is probably out of place but its IMO it was better than
the other preamps I tried (Rotel RB870BX, Bryston BP20 and Perraux SA3).
I recently built my own speakers which I prefer over the Ushers and its
based on a pair of Vifa 6.5" and Vifa 1"

Thanks in advance guys.

--
svtcontour