SuperQ;449953 Wrote:
> Good article.. best quote:
> > > >
> > "Do I need to disconnect the passive crossover in my speakers?"
> > The answer is ... Yes, otherwise you are not really biamping at all.> >
> Oh, you really do need to add a line level crossover to get real
> benefit from bi-amping.
Adding a line level crossover isn't just needed to "get the real
benefit" - it's necessary to prevent damage.

Removing the passive crossover from a speaker and them bi-amping
without using a line level crossover will rapidly result in speakers
with no functioning tweeters. (At which point the second amp becomes
kind of redundant :-)

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A