I've been using a V-DAC with the SB3 for about 5 weeks now. I had bought
the V-DAC for my desktop system, comprising Linn Kans and an A&R
Cambridge A60 amplifier. I put the V-DAC in my main system to trial it
and won't be taking it out in the near future. The V-DAC was definitely
a step up from my previous, much more expensive and well reviewed DAC.
It immediately impressed with more resolution and a much richer and more
spacious sound. The reviews are right, it's an impressive DAC in
absolute terms. For the money though - bought for 260 Australian dollars
in England - its an incredible bargain. It's not the prettiest piece of
equipment, so I hide it behind the other components.

The sound apparently is improved by replacing the wall wart power
supply. That's my next step. In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy the
best bargain I've bought in a long time.

--
goopie