michel;451018 Wrote:
> Could anyone explain the need for anything higher than 24/96. Does
> anyone hear differences?

Some people want more than 24/96, because they believe more must be
better.  Comparing spec's is an easy way of deciding which is better,
even though when chasing spec's we loose sight of reality.  Do you need
0.001% distortion?  Well it must be  better than 0.01% right?  We make
comparisons like this all the time, even if they don't always make
sense.  Is the car with 170 HP really faster than one with 160?  Is the
15 cubic foot freezer really that undersized compared to the 16?

--
DCtoDaylight

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight