I was asked in another thread to comment on my AVI ADM9.1 active
speakers when they arrived - so here I go.

First impressions are totally positive. They are well engineered and
finished, and everything you need is in the box, except for batteries
for the remote. You do need the remote: it is the only way to operate
them.

Set-up could not be easier.

The sound, fed 0s and 1s from an SB3 reading FLAC files, is as
advertised. Clear and well balanced across the frequency spectrum. They
let each recording's signature sound pass through without further
colouring, as far as I can tell. I am noticing parts of each arrangement
that I might not have before; the different ambience of various
recording styles is clearly evident.

What has also impressed me has been AVI's interest in me as a customer.
Each e-mail has been personally answered by Ashley (the boss!). His
honesty has been refreshing. He suggested I used the ADMs for a few
weeks before deciding if I really need a sub. I have every confidence
that I am going to get outstanding support - if I ever need any - for
this product, without any hype or snake-oil.

As a replay chain when used with the SB-3 this set-up, in my opinion,
has the ideal topology. It took me a while to get there. Now, I am going
to sit back for a bit and just enjoy the music...

--
dBerriff

FLAC, SB3, Boom, Musical Fidelity kW250S, Castle Stirling 3's, MacBook,
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Yamaha MSP5s