iPhone;453788 Wrote:
> What about active monitors? Have a look at AVI ADM 9.1 speakers. They
> are front ported so the shelf might not be such a draw back. Almost all
> speakers need to be away from the rear wall to get proper soundstage and
> imaging, but at least the rear port issue is solved. And when paired
> with a subwoofer, they compare favorably to 3 way floor standing
> speakers. I wouldn't consider them cheap at three times the price
> compared to Paradigm Studio 10s, but then one can also sell some
> equipment because they are active only needing a digital input (read
> high WAF).

I've read about the AVIs several times in this forum - but how do they
handle multiple digital inputs?  Do they just switch over upon detecting
an active signal?  Right now an NAD receiver allows me to switch between
DVD, HDTV and SB3 source material.

--
esbrewer

Server:  2.4GHz Core 2 Duo iMac running MacOS 10.5.7 and SC 7.3
Plugins:  Inguz DRC, Sirius Radio, Album Review, SqueezeScrobbler
Sources: SB3 (2), SB Boom, NAD C542, NAD T515
Amplification: NAD C720BEE
Loudspeakers:  Paradigm Studio 20 (v.1), SVS SB-12 Plus
Headphones:  Grado SR60, Etymotic ER4P

http://www.last.fm/user/esbrewer