I've never heard of antipodal filtering, and I can't find anything on
the stereophile site (or anywhere else for that matter).

Do you have a link.

The way to get the impulse response of a filter is to..... drum roll
please... put an impulse in.

An impulse is simply a source file with exactly 1 sample set to full
scale.  I create them with adobe audition.  I usually start maybe 100mS
in to catch any pre-ringing.

So, just create a 5 second wav/flac/whatever file with all samples set
to zero except for one, which is set to full scale or 50% full scale or
so.

-C

--
ccrome2

Caleb Crome
Sr. Hardware Engineer
Logitech SMBU  (i.e. the Squeezebox people)

<B>The future is here.  It's just not widely distributed yet.</B>
<I>-William Gibson</I>