kphinney;470339 Wrote:
> I'm against a color display:  Sitting on my rack next to the warm glow
> of a tube amp, simple display on the CDP, and flat-blackness of my phono
> pre, I think a color display would be gaudy compared to the VT display
> it now has.
>

> Wow.  2, 3, 6, 7, 9, and the second part of #8 just turned it from
> hi-end audio device into a PC.  Better add Query Gracenote and
> anti-virus protection.  As for the feasibility of #10, I can't imagine
> how long it would take to find a song in my +6000 song library.
>
> I do like #4 though.

Like pfarrell already stated, the Touch can already do those things.
Also, for all those people saying they do not want a color screen, who
is to say you can't have a mode with the color screen to make it look
like and function as the current Transporter does?

If adding those functions makes it act more like a PC, then so be it.
The question is whether those suggested functions add true value.  I
agree though that I would not want to sacrifice sound quality to have
extra features.

I envision many of the "PC" like functions I have listed to be
accessible via an advanced remote like the Duet Controller, or maybe the
iPeng iPhone software.  Perhaps an updated Touch Controller is in the
works too... hopefully.

I have a large library that is not accurately tagged.  It is a pain in
the ass to see the errors in my library and have to go back to the
computer to find the file and fix it.  Then I have to rescan to update
the library with the change.  A more instantaneous solution is
necessary.

TV

--
tv69