Thanks Labarum and Themis. I'll wait for Themis review.

A bit more background. My main system is what you could call (maybe) a
modest audiophile setup: transporter > Ayre AX-7e > Audio Vital Animato
(see www.audiovital.eu/animato.html). I'm quite satisfied with the
sound.

Due to changing circumstances here in my house, I have to listen with
headphones more than I like. For that reason I bought the AKG K701. Now
I'm looking into getting the most out of this headphone without spending
too much. I could use the receiver with a (rather cheap) headphone amp
(which would bind me to the receiver DAC) or with the Caiman. (Maybe in
the future I could switch the receiver for a Touch.)

Teus

--
Teus de Jong