I have a squeeze box, only used fixed digital output to feed my external
DAC. I fed 176.4K files, 96K files (downloaded from reference
recordings, verified by reading the tags) into the squeeze box from
squeeze center.  these files played both through the analog output and
the SPDIF output.  But my external DAC displayed 44.1K.
My question, does anyone know what happened to the hirez files inside
the squeeze box?  did it just down convert to 44.1K?  Is the squeezesbox
capable of higher than 44.1K data?  Where would I find information on
this?
thanks.

--
mmc