callesoroe;475865 Wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am the comming owner of a new Transporter. Just ordered one from
> Audiogon yesterday. Smooth handling and it was shipped in a few hours..
> :). I am now waiting for it to arrive to Denmark......
>
> In the meantime I am considering my future setup. I use a Tact RCS 2.2
> X as preamplifier because room correction is a MUST in my living room.
> It works perfectly by the way. But now I am wondering. Is the DAC in The
> Tact better than the one in the Transporter?? If it is. Is it possible
> to send the signal from the Transporter to the Tact. Then roomcorrect
> with the Tact, and the use The Transporter as preamp ??? I know it
> sounds a little crazy, but it could be funny to hear if anyone has tried
> it ????
>
> waiting impatiently for The Transporter to arrive....

In theory you have two choices:
1) use the digital loop in the Transporter to send/return to the TACT
and use the TP DAC
2) use the TACT as DRC+DAC

Probably worth trying both to see which you prefer. With option 1 you
are not using the TACT DAC.

One thing I urge you to try (for either option) is to set the SB Server
to upsample EVERYTHING to 24/96 before sending it to the TP. This will
force the TACT to do no ASRC internally which IMO improves the audio
performance.

We can explain how to do this when/if you are ready.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio