cliveb;479898 Wrote:

> Interesting. Given that the Lavry DA10 is an example of a DAC that
> claims to be completely immune to input jitter, perhaps the differences
> between transports that you hear might possibly be nothing to do with
> jitter

Well, I thought it was immune to input jitter, but it seems it really
isn't. We used both a coaxial and an optical connection, and all the
four persons present at the test including me heard the difference.
Lavry DA-10 is a good product, just that it is not jitter free (though
Lavry Gold might be)

cliveb;479898 Wrote:

> My feeling is that the only way you will find out is to borrow a TP and
> see how it performs in your system using your DAC of choice. You clearly
> don't want to buy one on the off-chance it will sound better than an SB3
> as a transport.

Of course that this would be the logical thing to do. But I live in
Romania, Europe, and I don't know of anyone who has a Transporter, and I
cannot just buy one and return it, as this policy is not valid here. Of
course that I don't want to buy it just to be disappointed, that is why
I was asking.

Thanks

--
loserica