Call it speculation, call it hypothesis. Whatever one calls such an exercise,
it is not the nomenclature that predicts its value. If speculation (or
hypothesis) is inadequately grounded in known fact, inadequately observed or
poorly thought through, then, yes, it will be worthless; but if not, then not.

Your thought about rights to abandoned products is one of several known facts
that I also had in mind. One other known fact is that the TP was one particular
man's particular baby, if I recall correctly. As you suggest, none of us yet
knows whether that fact in particular is sufficiently significant to kick the
Ferraris (or yet Maseratis) onto the drive, or even to prompt the construction
of a new garage (or, at least, those who do are not saying). But it will be
interesting to see......