iPhone wrote:
> pfarrell;485050 Wrote:
>>  But there is no guarantee that McIntosh or any
>> other vendor will be in business in a few years.
>>
> Part of my point, the McIntosh MS750 is basically a $4000 Escient
> FireBall MX752 with a Mac Blue faceplate and blue LEDs. At $6000, that
> is some very expensive blue LEDs and piece of blue acrylic just so that
> it matches the rest of ones McIntosh gear.

And even with that markup, there is no way to know if McIntosh will be
in business tomorrow, let alone five or ten years from now.

> And all the more reason I would love to see a Transport II. One can
> dream/wish can't he?

Sure, I'm all for dreaming. No problem even with a TP2 wish list.

So to continue the dreams, my TP2 would have:

- no handles
- be much smaller (the TP is mostly air)
- one big color screen
- nuke the magic knob, which is cool but never used
- nuke most of the buttons, also never used.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/