cliveb;485650 Wrote:

> Since you don't want to hang around waiting for the buffer to half-fill
> before starting playback, presumably Naim always choose an internal
> clock which is slower than the incoming one - that would guarantee
> underflow cannot happen and you can start clocking out from the buffer
> straight away. You just need a big enough buffer to avoid overflow.

Exactly, but I don't know how they would (or maybe they don't) avoid
that the DAC keeps on playing after stopping the transport. I think I'll
post at Naim's forum asking some of the beta-testers to try.

How likely a match is of course depends on many setup-specific factors,
but I think I read that there is an indicator on the front-panel which
lights up when its running ASRC. Again a post for the Naim-forum
perhaps.

I would say though, that if it works as advertised, I'm surprised it
isn't implemented in all newer DAC's???

--
bhaagensen