Andy8421;483292 Wrote:
> Just one point I wanted to pick up on - the Naim DAC approach - where
> the data input data is written into a large ring buffer using the
> derived jittered clock, then read out using a stable local clock -
> wouldn't this  eliminate interface jitter for an asynchronous link?
Naim's ring-buffer approach just averages out the jitter over a longer
time base. In principle it does the same thing as a low frequency PLL.
As long as the DAC receives data from a transport with its own
free-running clock, surely it is in principle impossible to completely
eliminate the incoming jitter. Doesn't matter how you try to average it
out (ring buffer, PLL, ASRC) - ultimately the DAC is a slave to the
transport's clock.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A