Well this type of filtering has been around for awhile.  The DIY DAC
that AMB designed using the Wolfson 8741 which has selectable filters,
one will apply minimum phase slow rolloff which eliminates pre-ringing.
You can see trace outputs at his site http://www.amb.org/audio/gamma2/
and then click the Specifications link on the left. (site will not let
me deep link to it).

I actually built one of these DACs and it is a very nice preforming
DAC.  I will be honest though and tell you I have a very hard time
telling the difference between any of the 3 filters.  Many others that
built ones with me during the prototype had similar experience that
while it is certainly measurable it is difficult to hear.

To the person asking if this could be applied to the FLAC, I do not
think you can do this because the "ringing" is a by-product of D/A
conversion.  So you really need to change how the conversion happens or
filter it after conversion.

--
m1abrams