I agree : if two rippers give two files with same checksum, then these
files are the same with a very high probability (never forget that hash
functions are mathematically many-to-one, and that collisions do
exist).

Anyway, the posts I mentioned never said the file were the same, just
that size were equals - this is different and I regret the guy did not
hash his results, just to be sure.

Because I will be glad to blame him with you if he pretends hearing
differences between (most likely) identical files, but with different
files I can see no reason why he could not hear differences...

That is why I ask this question : did anybody tested several rippers
with the same "system chain" (disc reader, disc, computer...) And don't
tell me that AccurateRip is the Absolute Guardian of Truth. If I'm not
wrong, AccurateRip ensure you that (many) other people obtained the same
result when ripping the same disc. So it does not seem obvious to me
that this means that que file obtained is the *right* file (if the
expression "the right file" has a sense). I agree that it is most likely
the fact, nevertheless.

--
AlAz