marcoc1712 wrote:
> What sound strange to me is that we need to debate about the
> possibility that different transport sound different via the same DAC.
> They do, If not, why should we have so many company selling transports
> (and different models of them) on the market?

Because we are a capitalistic economy, and they sell to folks with money
to burn.

Most of the transports use the same $10 reader that is sold in the
hundreds of millions for PCs. The economies of scale essentially require
that. Engineering the speed and track following logic is non-trivial,
and you can buy it for pennies.

> I did it (CD Players, DVD Player, SB Receiver and SB+) and for sure I
> could ear differences, if you don't, forget about the one I reported
> between FLAC and WAV.

There is more to this. Assorted things we think of as "transports" are
doing more than just reading the bits and stuffing them out the S/PDIF
port. Oversampling, upsampling, filters, who knows.

> Could all of the above be refletced in Jitter?

I think jitter is an excuse for the vendors to claim that their products
are better. i.e. pure marketing hype.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/