I have been interested in this device/similar.  The only thing holding
me back is how different it will be from my current setup.  I don't
really want the AQ to change, or for weird things to happen between my
music and myself.

My interest in the squeeze box is such that it is an external interface
to allow me to easily change my music and browse through stuff.

Currently I have my sound card w/ Bit-Perfect/Matched playback via its
digial/coaxial output which is going through my dac.  I use
Foobar/Wasapi~

>From what I understand from the squeeze box getting my music files to
the box itself should be its own bit-perfect/matched process since it is
just sending files through ether(or wireless) with the included
software.  From the squeeze box to my external dac would I be getting a
similar clean signal that I would be when I use my sound card?

Of course I am skipping the dac in both scenarios but would the squeeze
box do anything to the output audio file?  Like resample for instance.
My sound card the way its set up(with my audio player settings) sends
files as they were made.  So a 16/44.1khz song is a 16/44.1khz song when
it hits my external dac, 24/96khz is a 24/96khz when it hits my dac and
so on. As for what happens in the external dac, doesn't bother me I know
crazy things happen in there.  Magic sauce.

--
ninjikiran