Phil Leigh;526537 Wrote:
> They must have access to better drugs than I do. This 2-stage process is
> sheer nonsense. They clearly don't understand how computers or digital
> audio works...

Correction: It turns out the people that use the 2 step process were
referring to a specific program, Wave Editor, that they use for
upsampling. They think the program has a superior upsampler to other
programs, but that a "bug" results in the two step process giving better
results than a one step process.

--
firedog

Tranquil PC fanless WHS server running SqueezeCenter; SB Duet through
Empirical Audio Pace Car; TACT 2.2XP with MauiMods; MF X-150 amp, Devore
Super 8 Speakers; Mirage MS-12 sub; Dual 506 + Ortofon 20 (occasional
use); sometimes use PC with M-Audio 192 as digital source. SB Boom.
Arcam CD82 which I don't use anymore, even though it's a very good
player.