Phil Leigh;528007 Wrote:
> Doesn't really work like that at 24-bit. You are talking about dynamic
> range.
>
> That's the whole point of bothering with the 24-bit implementation in
> the first place. Chopping 4-5 bits off a 24-bit signal isn't going to
> ruin the sound... it just increases the snr very very slightly.
>
> There have been some tests recently that show that even with a 16-bit
> signal, it's hard to detect a level reduction equivalent to losing 4 of
> those 16 bits!

I am not talking about theory here.
I do not care about "some tests".
But you know, it is all dependent on the setup finally and your ears.

When the sound becomes completely flat, bass disappears - are you going
to tell me that there is no difference? come on..

Do you have Transporter? Did you try 'these test' at home?
Because I did..

--
michael123