Fxdwg123;529129 Wrote:
> My Transporter is via AES/EBU connected to an external DAC which is
> connected directly to my power-amp. Eliminating in this way my pre-amp
> gives the best result. Volume control I do with the volumecontrol of
> the Transporter, which works fine for me.
>
> I want to connect my CD-transport also, so I have made a digital coax
> (RCA) connection between the CD-transport and the Transporter. After
> choosing RCA coax digital input on the Transporter I do not hear
> anything, no music.
>
> Can anyone tell me if the digital in does go to the digital out or only
> out via the internal DAC? Does the volumecontrol of the Transporter also
> works for the digital inputs, or does it only works for the analogue
> output? If it has to work with the digital inputs, what do I do wrong?
>
> Many thanks!!

Not answering your question, but on a safety note you need to have some
analogue attenuators between DAC and power amp (unless your dac or power
amp has an analogue gain/level control) or you are risking potential
destruction of your speakers and amp.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio