mlsstl wrote:
> That's a pretty pricey product to treat as a throw-away!

While the display is nice, having a broken display is no reason to throw
away a Transporter. I rarely pay any attention to the displays on mine.

Of course, if you really want a display, the one from a salvaged SB1/g,
SB2 or SB3/Classic will work fine.

Or, one could buy a couple of Touch units, and use the displays from
them in the TP housing. Its huge and mostly empty.

This is a trend not just for the TP, but for nearly all stuff with
non-trivial electronics, and that includes any car made this century.
Years ago, I could rebuild the four-barrel carb on my Pontiac 389 V8, as
well as nearly anything else on the car. With modern fuel injection and
mixture and spark advance systems, they are considered black boxes that
are replaced.

Even TVs have become like toasters, use and throw away.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/