As far as digital output of Touch vs. Transporter goes, the only
somewhat credible statement I have been able to find is this by Sean:

> I haven't been in the loop on this for a long time, but I have high
> confidence that it was done well. The electrical part of it is
> basically the same as for Transporter's RCA output - a discrete flip
> flop reclocks the s/pdif signal on the way out. Touch does s/pdif in
> software sort of like SB3, but a big ARM SOC is a somewhat hostile
> environment for the clock path, so clocking it away from the main die
> was called for (similarly, SB3 does this in a CPLD). Ultimately, s/pdif
> performance will be at least as good as SB3 and not far from
> Transporter, although all the products are extremely good in this
> regard.

Now with all respect to Sean this, to me, still seems a bit thin. Its
basically based on applying his knowledge to another design which he
does seem that familiar with?

The quote is taken from here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=454830&highlight=touch+transporter+digital#post454830

--