For anyone that is considering using Inguz or other methods of DRC -
here are some recent results.

Green curve - measured impulse response.  Blue curve - test convolution
for minimal correction.  Red curve - test convolution for normal
correction.  Target curve was a flat response.  Measured using MAudio
MobilePre and Behringer ECM8000.  Note less than ideal speaker
placement due to strong dog and young child.

I prefer a flatter response, but I have had good results with putting a
gradual cut on the HF as well using a different target.  Definitely not
a flattering setup for overly bright recordings - but works great
overall.  Taming of the LF response is a huge benefit.

Sorry if the pics are too much - but I thought this was a good look at
what can be done with a modest system and a small investment in
measuring equipment.

|Filename: IMG_6109.jpg                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9957|

esbrewer

Server:  2.4GHz Intel iMac running Mac OS 10.6.2, SBS 7.5.0, Inguz DRC
Sources: SB3 (2), SB Boom, SB Radio, NAD C542, NAD T515
Amplification: NAD C720BEE
Loudspeakers:  Paradigm Studio 20 (v.1), SVS SB-12 Plus
Headphones:  Grado SR60, Etymotic ER4P

http://www.last.fm/user/esbrewer