michael123;548958 Wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Transporter with Behringer DEQ2496 in FX loop.
> I can now see clearly that certain albums are recorded with clipping.
> How can I reduce digital amplitude of the signal before it fed into
> DEQ?

Have you tried to use the smart replay gain in SBS?? TAG your files
with replay gain information, and turn on dynamic replay gain i SBS. It
works very fine. Many of my loudness CD's now sounds much better. You do
have to rip in flac to use the function. You can use for example the
program foobar2000 to add replay gain information. Give it a try. I
think you will be suprrised. I did..... But you will have to turn up
your volume, because the files will play MUCH quieter. In fact the will
have the about same volume as hires. tracks from HDTRACKS.COM

--
callesoroe

Callesoroe
SB-duet, Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista
speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS),
Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)