iPhone;573319 Wrote:
> ... Classical and Jazz one has a much better chance. And even a bigger
> chance if the 44/16 and 96/24 are not of the same master and the 96/24
> is really well engineered. IMO, that is where 96/24 shines. ...
I have the same sort of questions as the original poster. My interest
is classical music.

I would argue that we should compare the SAME master recording - its
original high-res version, say at 24/88.2, versus the 16/44.1 CD
version.  Much like a SACD versus a CD.  I attempted to do this with a
recent Chicago Symphony recording, but ran into the interesting
question of whether the HD track was REALLY HD. See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=74688 (a rather large
thread)...

I'm still looking for classical comparison samples.

--
R Johnson