tomjtx;588251 Wrote:
> I finally took the plunge and ordered the Behringer DEQ2496.
>
> I have 4 connection questions:
>
> Do I have to use the same type of connection for the loop eg.
> toslink>toslink or can I go , eg. Coax to DEQ toslink back to TP?
>
> For an AES/EBU connection can I use any XLR terminated balanced
> cable(like my interconnects) or is their a special digital AES/EBU
> cable. (I don't mean "audiophile quality", I have at least learned
> something from you guys :-) ).
>
> And, finally, I seem to remember reading about early reflections in
> digital cabling and that one should use cable of more than 3 feet to
> minimize this. Does this apply to all the above types of connections?
>
> I think that covers it. I know Robin , Phil, Opaquece and Pat will know
> the answers so thanks in advance.
>
> If anyone who uses the DEQ2496 has tips on using it feel free to share
> :-)

you can use any old cable for aes/ebu - that's what it was invented for
:-)

1.5m is generally considered the min for digital cables - but I don't
think it makes much difference to be honest.

You should probably try out all the connection options if you have the
cables. AES is usually the worst option (but not always).

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.