Celeritas;596981 Wrote:
> This is only present on 96k 14bit tracks.  The one I see it most is when
> playing track 2 of Keith Jarrett's "Koln Concert" from HDTrack.com.  I
> recompressed the files at compression level "0" with dbPoweramp after
> purchasing them.
>
> Something odd:
> When I uncompress the file and play it on the Transporter as a wav, it
> plays fine.  The thing is, I have have not customized the file type
> playback on the server, so all wav files will automatically be
> transcoded to FLAC with sox at compression level 0.  I even see sox
> running on the server while I play the file.  It should create the same
> problem, but it doesn't.  I do wonder if there is any resampling going
> on there.
>
> I also tried disabling FLAC playback to force all FLAC files to be sent
> to the Transporter as PCM.  I am sure there is no resampling there, yet
> the songs play fine.
>
> I am using the Music Information Screensaver as well as the VU Meter.
> I might try turning those off.  I'll report back...

There's no resampling going on in either of your scenarios for 24/96
(and lower) tracks.

I would try turning off the VU first...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.