Turning off scrolling and all screensavers does minimize the noises.
Unfortunately, it does not eliminate them entirely.  I don't know the
firmware code, but I am a programmer by trade.  The code may still be
computing the values necessary to scroll, even when scrolling on the
display is turned off.  I also found no effect when turning off the VU
meter on the secondary display.  Again, the values needed may be
getting computed, but not displayed in any way.

--
Celeritas

Transporter -> Classe' CP-47.5 -> Classe' CA-201 -> Martin Logan SL3