I spent some (too much!) time downloading the Bach tracks from lessloss,
and was surprised on several fronts:
- The 2496 audio was in .wav format. What?? Who in the right mind does
not offer hi-res audio in an uncompressed lossless format like flac?
- The loudness level for the tracks is extremely high. A lot louder
than the HDTracks hi-res album, for example. Certainly not 'quiet'.
- The recording was clean, but frankly sounded quite dead. Clean, clear
but with much less acoustic than I expect from a good recording.

Finally I did not enjoy the performance, but that's subjective. I gave
up after two tracks. The 8 tracks will be making space for other music.
I can't imagine that a company pushing audiophile products (sic) can
talk up such a recording. In contrast, recordings by Linn, Naim and
Musical Fidelity (with Antony Michaelson himself on clarinet) reflect
the musicianship and regard of recorded sound of people behind those
brands.

--
mervin_b