Hi, this is my first post but been lurking for a while. I have 2
Squeezeboxes- a 3 and a duet. For my main system I have the duet
linked up to an Arcam A65+ and some 10 year+ old Mission 771e's on
Custom DEsign RS300 stands. My room is approx 12'x13' and I'm
disappointed with the soundstage, detail and bass I'm currently
getting. I listen to a wide range of music and find that the "busier"
noisier stuff often sounds a bit thin and garbled. I'm assuming that my
first upgrade should be the speakers and would be grateful for any
advice from people here on what might  suit the system and space. Due
to the presence of my 2 year old son, I'm keen to put the speakers
relatively close to the wall (20-25cms) and would like to get some
speakers that could cope with a future amplifier upgrade so thinking of
£250-350 budget.. Given the lack of power of the Arcam they'll need to
be easy to drive. Any suggestions?

Thanks very much
Nwlcox

--