omainik;613254 Wrote:
> Is there an easy way to recognize the sampling frequency of the played
> stream?
>
> I would build a dac with two clocks. Both clocks are injected to the
> squeezebox touch. For the division for BCK and WS the right clock and
> multiplier are selected. DATA line is transferred through a spdif
> receiver.
>
> I think John Swenson wrote somewhere about decoding spdif stream for
> such a reason.
>
> any ideas?
>
> Peter

What I do is take the word clock from the S/PDIF receiver and use it to
start a counter which is getting clocked from one of the fixed clocks.
At the end of the word clock I then compare the number comming out of
the counter, I check ranges, if its greater then this number and less
than that number the sample rate 44.1, if its between a differfent set
of numbers its 48 etc.

I implement this in an FPGA because I'm doing practically everything in
one so its already there. If you don't have an FPGA you could implement
it in a CPLD or a small processor like a PIC.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson