Phil Leigh;614176 Wrote:
> There isn't a domestic speaker that can even accurately reproduce the
> visceral roar of a Marshall stack or a Hammond organ, never mind
> something as complex as a Trumpet...

I rather think that was my original point. Recorded music and its
subsequent playback in a home is vast series of compromises and can
never exactly replicate the original event.

Or in the case of recordings that are basically studio inventions, one
is trying to match what was in the artist's or producer's imagination.

You've also got an audience that has a lot of different opinions as to
what sounds "real". Some don't get much past bass and volume while
others want a completely different set of clues to aid them in
believing what they hear.

--
mlsstl